Saturday, January 23, 2010

My new sexy kitchen assistant



Although I cook frequently, I am not one to have a lot of gadgets. I believe in a simple approach to food; one that uses your hands more than a machine.

I am a girl who owns a kitchen-aid, but rarely uses it. I prefer kneading my own bread; it's even therapeutic. Instead of a Cuisinart, the knife is my favored tool. It keeps things basic in approach, and gets me more involved; more hands-on.

With that said, I have been through seven blenders in the last eight years. I am tired of replacing what was supposed to be "one of the best on the market".

As I have a love for soup, creamy being my favorite, I need a blender. Though, I have never liked having to transfer hot soup to the blender and then back to a pot repeatedly. Additionally, our household blender gets used on a daily basis to make smoothies, salsas, hummus, or pesto.

I broke down this Christmas and bought myself a new sleek, even sexy gadget that I have fallen in love with. It is my frequent companion as I create deliciousness. It is my immersion blender. It has made that once dreaded, potentially hand-burning soup transfer obsolete. It has been fantastic!

Though is may be a little pricey for some, I promise you it is worth the investment. For a Cuisinart immersion blender, like the one mentioned above, it ranges from $29.99-$59.99. It depends on what gadgets come with it, and where it's purchased. But, I know you will love it too! It is a great kitchen assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment