Monday, January 25, 2010

Creamy Potato Leek Soup



In my previous blog, I raved about my wonderful immersion blender, and with the weather still chilly, making soup is a great way to get some additional use out of it.

Also mentioned in another story, I spoke of my creamy potato leek soup as being the only soup that my husband actually requests. Maybe you have a husband like mine, or loathe soup yourself. Or maybe, you love soup like I do. Regardless, I hope you’ll want seconds! Enjoy!

Creamy Potato Leek Soup

INGREDIENTS:
6 medium size russet potatoes, large dice
6 cups of water
1/4 cup sliced leeks
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. Garlic
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Dried dill
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/8 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 vegetable bouillon cube
Salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Sauté garlic and leeks in a soup pot with olive oil
2. Add russet potatoes (skins included), bay leaf, paprika, dill, and bouillon cube
3. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add water. Bring to boil
5. Allow to simmer until potatoes are tender
6. Add mustard, salt, and pepper
7. Using a blender or immersion blender, puree until smooth. Adjust with salt and pepper to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment