Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's Not Butter


So often, I am asked what I use in my baking as a butter substitute. Most people who are unfamiliar with the array of Vegetarian/Vegan groceries that are available, are truly missing out on some wonderful products that are better for our bodies.
Depending on what I am baking, I will use Organic expeller pressed canola or safflower oil, or my all-time favorite Earth Balance. Earth Balance is so naturally buttered-flavored, smooth, easy to spread, and makes wonderful pastries, that I have been a very loyal spokesperson for this company.

Additionally, they omit the use of GMO, Trans Fat, and Hydrogenated Oils making it a superior substitute. The company has a variety of butter substitute blends and are now making no-stir almond butter and peanut butter. Though I want to try these nut butters, I am pretty particular to the Trader Joe's Crunchy- Salted Peanut Butter. I am certain if the nut butters are as wonderful as their other products, I will become a fan of them as well.

When using Earth Balance in place of Butter, it is equal parts substitution. Perfect to bake cookies with, melt over popcorn, and simply spread on a warm piece of toast. I swear, you won't miss butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment