Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gelatin Free Jello


Thunder claps in the sky and the rain sweetens my garden soil. I find myself inside today nuturing my sick little girls. A hot bowl of Vegan Chicken Dumpling Soup, Chowder Crackers, and some Vegan Jello are great provisions.

My dear friend Brianne, who is due with her second child any day now, suggested the Vegan Jello at Trader Joe's. Her two year old son Jonah gobbles the stuff up. Knowing that I want healthy snacks for my kids, and something to mimic what their non-vegetarian friends have, I scoured the shelves for it on my next grocery excursion.

Both my daughters devoured it upon arriving home. Curious at the texture and flavor, I enjoyed one myself. My husband who is not much for jello also loved it !

The jello comes in a four pack for only $2.49. I have only seen two flavors thus far: Black Cherry and Peach Mango

Ingredients of filtered water, sugar, carrageenan, natural flavors, Peach colors: (tumeric and annatto), sodium citrate, malic acid, citric acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), alpha tocopherols (vitamin E), Black Cherry colors: (beet juice, caramel, and annatto)- Gelatin Free!

Full of vitamin C, these are better than trying to coax your kid into taking a vitamin, and they're delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment