Sunday, May 10, 2009

Coconut Banana Vegan French Toast

As a child, my mom made the best French toast around. To this day, French toast is a favorite of mine. I am typically in a hurry in the mornings and opt for hot or cold cereal, with almond or soymilk and a cup of juice along with a piece of toast with avocado. Quick!

But, on the days where I like to linger around a bit, French toast or Waffles with all the fixings are usually the hit.

So my only request today for my Mother’s Day treat was to have my husband and oldest daughter prepare Coconut Banana Vegan French Toast. It was fabulous!

Here’s the recipe if any of you are a French toast fan. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!

Coconut Banana Vegan French toast
(Yield: 4-6 servings)

2 bananas
1-cup coconut milk
3/4 cups soymilk
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
Sourdough bread
Oil or margarine for frying

Preparation:
Mash the bananas well and whisk together with the coconut milk, soymilk, sugar and cinnamon. Pour into a shallow pan or pie tin.

Dip both sides of the bread into the mixture, and cook in a lightly greased skillet over the medium heat. French toast should be lightly golden brown on both sides.

*** I had my French toast drizzled with maple syrup and lightly dusted with powdered sugar, enjoyed surfing and gardening afterwards and being rewarded with my daughter’s homemade Mother’s Day card that she made at preschool-Priceless! ***

1 comment:

  1. Yum. That sounds delicious. I'm out of bread, but I'm going to the store tomorrow - then I'm going to have french toast for supper! I enjoyed reading through all your posts (just came across your blog somehow today).

    ReplyDelete